Paris, France — May 22, 2007 – DxO Labs announces today that the award-winning DxO Optics Pro v4.2 software now supports the Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro and FinePix S3 Pro as well as the Pentax K10D Digital Single-Lens Reflex (SLR) cameras. Support for these three new cameras and their associated lens correction modules are available in the DxO Optics Pro v4.2 Standard and Elite editions. Upgrades to this latest version of the software, including support for this new set of digital cameras, is free for all DxO Optics Pro v4.x users (Standard and Elite editions).
DxO Optics Pro processing specifically tuned for the Fujifilm Super CCD sensor
- DxO’s image scientists paid particular attention during the development of the new software to the processing of RAW files produced by the Fujifilm Super CCD sensor technology featured in both the FinePix S5 Pro and the FinePix S3 Pro digital cameras. DxO’s proprietary demosaicing algorithms were fine-tuned to maximize image detail while avoiding unwanted artifacts when processing files from these Fujifilm DSLRs.
- Thanks to advanced features such as DxO Lighting (exposure optimization) and Automatic Highlight Recovery, DxO Optics Pro is able to fully utilize and optimize the dynamic range captured by the Fujifilm Super CCD sensor technology. DxO Optics Pro intelligently blends images from both layers of the sensor to produce optimal results.
Support for the Pentax K10D by popular demand
“There has been great demand among photographers for DxO Optics Pro to support the pro-level Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro and S3 Pro digital cameras as well as the Pentax K10D for advanced amateurs. With their addition to our library of correction modules, DxO Optics Pro remains an undisputed leader in automatic image enhancement for digital photographers,” says Luc Marin, vice president of the DxO Labs Photography Business unit.
Demanding Fujifilm and Pentax photographers worldwide can now enjoy the full range of DxO Optics Pro’s automatic correction features on their JPEG or RAW image files captured with the Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro, Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro and Pentax K10D cameras.
DxO Optics Pro is the award-winning digital image enhancement tool incorporating revolutionary optics, noise and exposure corrections in an easy-to-use, feature rich application for Mac and PC users. DxO Optics Pro software improves the image quality of Digital Single-Lens Reflex (SLR) cameras and advanced digicams. A free, fully functional demo version is available in addition to the commercial version at: www.dxo.com
Pricing of full versions of DxO Optics Pro v4.2 is:
- DxO Optics Pro v4 Starter: £49 / $79 (note: this version does not support the Fujifilm and Pentax DSLRs)
- DxO Optics Pro v4 Standard: £99 / $159
- DxO Optics Pro v4 Elite: £199 / $299
(All prices are ex. VAT and sales taxes)
DxO Optics Pro was chosen as 2006 “Best Photo Software” by the Technical Image Press Association (TIPA).
DxO Labs offers products and solutions ensuring excellence in digital imaging. DxO Labs develops and licenses intellectual property serving the entire digital imaging chain: licensing of optics and silicon architectures for embedded still and video image processing; image quality evaluation and measurement tools and methodologies; image quality enhancement software for consumers.