Nikon Inc. Showcases New Products And Its Full Line Of Industry-Leading Digital Imaging Products At The 2013 Consumer Electronics Show
Nikon Continues Its Dedication to Offering Innovative Technology, User-Friendly Features and Connectivity to Photographers of All Levels with the Launch of the Nikon D5200, the Nikon 1 J3, the Nikon 1 S1 and 1 NIKKOR Lenses
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 7, 2013
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CES Booth #8643 -- Nikon, the world leader in digital imaging, precision optics and photo imaging technology, will showcase its full line of imaging solutions including new products such as the Nikon D5200 D-SLR, and new Nikon 1 duo of cameras, the Nikon 1 J3 and Nikon 1 S1, at the 2013 Consumer Electronics Show (CES). Additionally, CES attendees can visit the Nikon Booth (#8643) in the Central Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center to experience Nikon's industry-leading products and accessories as well as enjoy presentations from popular Nikon professional photographers. The Nikon booth will also feature dedicated sections to showcase the shooting, connectivity and sharing capabilities of Nikon's HD-SLR cameras, the Nikon 1 System, NIKKOR lenses and COOLPIX cameras.
"Consumers today more than ever are communicating through photos and videos. Nikon is committed to evolving the imaging culture with advanced technology, so consumers can communicate more emotionally, have more impactful connections and better express themselves visually," said Bo Kajiwara, Vice President of Marketing, Planning and Customer Experience. "The Consumer Electronics Show provides Nikon with an amazing opportunity to demonstrate our latest innovations and cutting-edge products to a global audience, including our recently announced Nikon D5200 and Nikon 1 J3, which offer versatility and sharing capabilities that empower photographers worldwide to capture and share better still images and HD video."
Now Available in the US: The New Nikon D5200 Inspires Users to Capture Creatively
The 24.1-megapixel Nikon D5200 features a user-friendly interface, in-camera Special Effects and creative shooting modes to inspire innovative photography, making it effortless to create amazing images and HD video. The D5200 also allows users to share photos with friends and family in an instant when attached to the optional WU-1a Wireless Mobile Adapter1. Users can also apply creative filters and effects to HD video for truly unique memories. Additionally, the D5200 features a vari-angle LCD that lets users swivel the screen for above-the-head photos, or down low for creative self-portraits. The Nikon D5200 with the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR lens will be available in late January 2013 for a suggested retail price (SRP) of $899.95*.
New Nikon 1 Cameras and Lenses Provide New Ways to be Creative, Expressive, and Connected
Nikon has expanded the Nikon 1 system with the new Nikon 1 J3 and Nikon 1 S1 cameras, offering superfast speed and performance, high image quality and easy-to-use creative shooting modes. The new Nikon 1 cameras are intended for users looking for a camera that offers the compact size and portability of point-and-shoot cameras along with advanced controls and features found in more advanced digital cameras. The new J3 and S1 feature unique shooting modes like Auto Mode, Creative Mode, Advanced Movie, Motion Snapshot and Best Moment Capture, and are compatible with the optional WU-1b Wireless Mobile Adapter2 so that users can share and transfer images and HD videos to smart devices. The Nikon 1 J3 with the 10-30mm lens will be available in February 2013 for a SRP of $599.95* in White, Black, Silver Burgundy and Beige. The Nikon 1 S1 with the 11-27mm lens will be available for a SRP of $499.95* in White, Black, Red, Pink and Khaki.
Furthermore, Nikon introduced two new lenses to the 1 NIKKOR lens lineup. The VR 6.7-13mm f/3.5-5.6 is an ultra-wide-angle zoom lens that features Vibration Reduction (VR) and a wide 100-degree angle of view that makes it perfect for capturing photos and HD video of landscapes, cityscapes, interiors and architecture. The VR 10-100mm f/4-5.6, a compact and lightweight telephoto zoom lens, is convenient enough to take everywhere and provides a long focal range ideal for various types of photography including group shots and action sports. Nikon has also introduced the WP-N2 underwater case which can house the new Nikon 1 cameras with the 1 NIKKOR 10-30mm lens. The two 1 NIKKOR lenses, 6.7-13mm f/3.5-5.6 and 10-100mm f/4-5.6, will have a SRP of $499.95* and $549.95,* respectively, and the WP-N2 underwater case will have a SRP of $749.95*. These products will be available in February 2013.
Experience Nikon's New Products and Presenters First Hand at CES (Booth #8643 in the Central Hall)
The Nikon booth will have innovative stations and sections designed specifically to allow users and consumers to interact and try out their favorite or new Nikon products. Interactive displays will be available for Nikon's HD-SLR, Nikon 1, and COOLPIX cameras, as well as opportunities for the connected user to experience the sharing capabilities of Nikon's latest products.
Visitors to the Nikon booth will also have the opportunity to experience compelling presentations from several Nikon professional photographers including Dixie Dixon, Lucas Gilman, Doug Gordon and Corey Rich. Presentations at the Nikon Booth will be held throughout the show from Tuesday through Friday.
Below is the complete schedule of Nikon sponsored presentations:
Tuesday, January 8, 2013
- 10:15-11:00 a.m. Doug Gordon – The Art of Posing
- 11:15-12:00 p.m. Lucas Gilman – COOLPIX Pro On The Go
- 12:15-1:00 p.m. Corey Rich – Mastering Nikon HD-SLR Video
- 1:15-2:00 p.m. Dixie Dixon – Capture, Communicate and Connect to Life: The Nikon 1 System
- 2:15-3:00 p.m. Doug Gordon – The Art of Posing
- 3:15-4:00 p.m. Lucas Gilman – COOLPIX Pro On The Go
- 4:15 -5:00 p.m. Corey Rich – Mastering Nikon HD-SLR Video
- 5:15-6:00 p.m. Dixie Dixon – Capture, Communicate and Connect to Life: The Nikon 1 System
Wednesday, January 9, 2013
- 9:30-10:15 a.m. Corey Rich – Mastering Nikon HD-SLR Video
- 10:30-11:15 a.m. Dixie Dixon – Capture, Communicate and Connect to Life: The Nikon 1 System
- 11:30-12:15 p.m. Doug Gordon – The Art of Posing
- 12:30-1:15 p.m. Lucas Gilman – COOLPIX Pro On The Go
- 1:30-2:15 p.m. Corey Rich – Mastering Nikon HD-SLR Video
- 2:30-3:15 p.m. Dixie Dixon – Capture, Communicate and Connect to Life: The Nikon 1 System
- 3:30-4:15 p.m. Doug Gordon – The Art of Posing
- 4:30-5:15 p.m. Lucas Gilman – COOLPIX Pro On The Go
Thursday, January 10, 2013
- 9:30-10:15 a.m. Lucas Gilman – COOLPIX Pro On The Go
- 10:30-11:15 a.m. Doug Gordon – The Art of Posing
- 11:30-12:15 p.m. Dixie Dixon – Capture, Communicate and Connect to Life: The Nikon 1 System
- 12:30-1:15 p.m. Corey Rich – Mastering Nikon HD-SLR Video
- 1:30-2:15 p.m. Lucas Gilman – COOLPIX Pro On The Go
- 2:30-3:15 p.m. Doug Gordon – The Art of Posing
- 3:30-4:15 p.m. Dixie Dixon – Capture, Communicate and Connect to Life: The Nikon 1 System
- 4:30-5:15 p.m. Corey Rich – Mastering Nikon HD-SLR Video
Friday, January 11, 2013