NOTTINGHAM, UK and NASHUA, NH -- Serif, a leading developer of professional and consumer-oriented desktop publishing, design and graphics software, today announced the availability of its four leading software products to the U.S. retail market. PagePlus X3, WebPlus X2, PhotoPlus X2 and DrawPlus X2 offer powerful design tools that are easy to use and unparalleled in price.
Serif's user-friendly graphics and publishing programs, which have received numerous industry awards, enable small businesses to create professional-quality marketing and product materials without the expense of hiring a design agency or purchasing complicated and expensive software.
Now Serif software products can be purchased at Fry's and Micro Center stores, as well as on Amazon.com, Buy.com and Dell.com. In July, PhotoPlus X2 will be available in Office Depot locations nationwide.
"For many business owners and marketers, professional-level design tools are far too complicated to learn in a reasonable amount of time and often come with a hefty upfront investment. Serif products have achieved such great success simply because we bring customers tools which they can quickly and affordably incorporate into their workflow," said Gary Bates, Managing Director of Serif. "All four of these programs offer powerful capabilities that produce truly impressive results. We are thrilled to introduce our products into U.S. retail outlets."
Serif offerings provide users with the necessary high-powered design tools required to create quality publishing and design work without the prohibitive price tag associated with professional-level tools. To make its products more accessible to small businesses, Serif has created simple desktop interfaces while providing content-rich tutorials for users of all skill levels.
The latest version of Serif's desktop publishing software, PagePlus X3 offers an unrivaled combination of editing features, ease-of-use and price value. Ideal for small businesses and individuals looking to create in-house publications, such as brochures, newsletters and catalogs, PagePlus X3 provides a range of features, including:
· PDF import, editing and export
· Image Cutout Studio, providing a simple tool for extracting images
· Built-in Logo Studio to enable professional logo design and editing
The most recent version of Serif's website design powerhouse, WebPlus X2 enables Web designers of all abilities to build high-end, full-featured websites without having to learn to use HTML code. Highlights of the program include:
· Desktop publishing-style approach to Web design, making it as easy to create a website as it is to create a printed document
· Built-in multimedia and Web 2.0 support for adding Flash animations, videos, blogs, podcasts, polls and much more
· Integrated e-commerce, enabling any business to create a fully transactional website
· Optimization and analytics, to aid search engine optimization and tracking visitor trends
PhotoPlus X2 offers an array of dynamic digital image editing features for digital photography enthusiasts or organizations wanting to make the very best of their digital images. Features of the program include:
· Automated makeover studio, making it easier than ever to quickly remove imperfections from portraits
· Powerful artistic effects, such as lighting, distortion, sharpening and texture