LAKE SUCCESS, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 2, 2007--Scrapbookers and digital photographers have a new reason to celebrate: Canon U.S.A., Inc. has just announced an addition to their compact photo printer line-up that prints superb digital images that can last for years to come.
Designed to make printing images a breeze, the SELPHY CP740 Compact Photo Printer features a two-inch color LCD display, red-eye correction and multiple direct printing options that can enable anyone to make amazing prints without a computer.
"This printer is ideal for anyone who hopes to produce long-lasting memories with no hassle," said Yuichi Ishizuka, senior vice president and general manager, Consumer Imaging Group, Canon U.S.A. "Especially with the popularity of scrapbooks, crafting, and even personalized postcards printed while on vacation, the SELPHY CP740 Compact Photo Printer can make great quality prints and postcards. And, at an estimated selling price just under $100(1), it's an affordable way to make memories that last."
A Personal Photo Lab
The SELPHY CP740 Compact Photo Printer exemplifies Canon's commitment to making user-friendly products. The two-inch color LCD screen enables consumers to view their images and select only their favorite images to print. Say hello to reducing red-eye with the Canon's red-eye correction technology. Improving those evil-eyed shots is a snap as the SELPHY CP740 Compact Photo Printer automatically detects and helps to correct red-eye problems. Photos of people are therefore enhanced before users hit "print."
In addition to being compact and light-weight, the SELPHY CP740 Compact Photo Printer prints borderless, full-photo lab quality, 4"x6" image in approximately 58 seconds(2).
A Scrapbooker's Delight
The SELPHY CP740 Compact Photo Printer is perfect for consumers who prefer the ease of printing their pictures from home, and it is ideal for scrapbookers who want the flexibility of printing as they create. With the SELPHY CP740 Compact Photo printer, Canon makes it easier for crafters to tote their own printer to cropping parties and scrapbooking events. Consumers can create their scrapbook page layout or project templates, and then print exactly the images they need on the spot. It is as simple as inserting a compatible memory card(3) into the printer, selecting the image to print and letting the SELPHY CP740 Compact Photo Printer do the rest.
When used with compatible genuine Canon high quality paper and ink(5), the SELPHY CP740 Compact Photo Printer produces images that resist fading for up to 100 years(4) when placed in an archival photo album, so photos can be enjoyed for generations.
The SELPHY CP740 Compact Photo Printer will be available this fall for an estimated selling price of $99.99(1).
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc. delivers consumer, business-to-business, and industrial imaging solutions. The Company is listed as one of Fortune's Most Admired Companies in America and is on the 2006 BusinessWeek list of "Top 100 Brands." Its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), is a top patent holder of technology, ranking third overall in the U.S. in 2006(+), with global revenues of $34.9 billion. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/pressroom.
Specifications are subject to change without notice.
(1) Pricing subject to change at any time. Actual prices are determined by individual dealers and may vary.
(2) Print speed obtained using compatible Canon compact digital camera incorporating DiGiC II - other camera models may vary.
(3) Compatible memory cards include CompactFlash, Microdrive, Memory Stick, Memory Stick DUO, Memory Stick Pro, Memory Stick PRO DUO, SD Card, Multimedia card, MMC mobile, MMC plus, mini SD Card, SDHC, mini SDHC and RS-MMC. xD-Picture Card, Memory Stick Micro, MMC Micro, microSD and micro SDHC cards require an additional adaptor, which must be purchased separately.
(4) Based on accelerated dark storage tested by Canon under controlled lighting, temperature and humidity conditions, Canon can not guarantee the longevity of the prints; results may vary depending on printed image, display/storage conditions and environmental factors.
(5) For compatible genuine Canon paper and ink products visit www.canon.usa.com or your nearest Canon U.S.A. dealer.