More than 27,000 photography professionals and enthusiasts flooded this year’s PDN’s PhotoPlus Expo held at New York’s Jacob Javits Center October 18-20.
The photo event of the year nationally, this year marked the largest PhotoPlus Expo yet. Attendees had hands-on access to an inspiring array of photography, design and imaging products and services from a range of established and new exhibitors including Apple, Canon, Epson, Fuji, HP, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax, Samsung, Sony and many more. Unique to PDN’s PhotoPlus Expo was also the opportunity to learn from renowned industry professionals and masters.
PDN’s PhotoPlus Expo stats at a glance:
· More than 27,000 photography professionals and enthusiasts attended the show during the three days.
· 11,000 crowded the show on its opening day, Thursday, October 18.
· Attendees had access to products from 310 exhibitors - a new record!
· 60 first-time exhibitors participated in the show, including notable brands such as Samsung and educational institutions such as San Francisco’s Academy of Art University.
· The show covered over 100,000 square feet of exhibit and gallery space, by far exceeding last year’s 80,000 square feet of show space (a 20% increase).
· More than 2,000 attendees participated in seminars that covered every aspect of photography, from the very technical — RAW processing, efficient workflow, digital black and white printing — to the thought provoking World In Focus panel of photographers and scientists.
WHO: PDN is the number one resource for professional photographers. PDN’s PhotoPlus Expo is produced by Nielsen Business Media, which manages over 50 business-to-business tradeshows and educational conferences. For more information visit, www.photoplusexpo.com.
MORE: The next annual PDN’s PhotoPlus International Conference and Expo will be held October 23-25, 2008.