Recently Microsoft announced an update to its Microsoft Pro Photo Tools, which provides a set of tools for photographers of all types to perform various tasks with their images leveraging the power of Windows and Microsoft Live Local -including RAW captures, geotagging and viewing/editing metadata.
The highlights of Microsoft Pro Photo Tools 2 include:
* Support for reading and writing metadata to/from XMP side cars so that metadata will interoperate with Adobe products. This is in addition to reading and writing from the file.
* Users can convert from RAW to JPEG, TIFF, and HD Photo using "As Shot" settings. This includes the ability to resize the image.
* Users can view actual RAW image in addition to thumbnails
* Support for 64-bit Windows
* Support for international locales
* Improved UI for geotagging your photos
To learn more about this service you can visit: www.microsoft.com/prophoto/downloads/tools.aspx.