Oldenburg, Germany--July 15, 2008--CeWe Color , a world leader in photofinishing, today launches its U.S. presence by introducing SmileBooks and the Smiles of Summer Contest. SmileBooks are the latest way to create and share life’s moments in a beautiful, personalized photo album. For generations, millions of Europeans have trusted CeWe to transform their memories into print - now Americans can do the same.
"We are so excited about our launch and know that Americans will have fun seeing their photos come to life in their SmileBooks," said Dominic Brezinski, general manager, CeWe Color. "We make it so easy to build a SmileBook that we think digital photos will spend less time in the hard drive and more time in a coffee table book for all to see."
In conjunction with the launch, CeWe invites Americans to submit their best smile to the "Smiles of Summer" contest. Set to run through August 29, photo fans can submit their favorite picture for judging. Winners will be announced on September 8. For contest rules, see www.smilebooks.com.
* The top photo submission will win a $1,500 travel gift certificate, a new digital camera, plus a $100 SmileBook gift certificate.
* Ten second place winners will receive a new digital camera and $100 SmileBook gift certificate.
* Twenty third place winners will receive a $100 SmileBook gift certificate.
* Additionally, one hundred runners-up will have the opportunity to create a SmileBook of their own, valued at $50.
"It's always exciting to see an established vendor such as CeWe expand to new markets," said Alan Bullock, Associate Director of InfoTrends. "SmileBooks, with its European expertise and success, will offer U.S. consumers attractive new options for sharing and preserving their digital image collections beyond basic prints."
After downloading the free software, users can easily make a SmileBook in three easy steps.
* As photo fans download the software, they can work on their SmileBooks anywhere, without the hassle of maintaining a Web connection or waiting a long time to upload photos.
* You can create a SmileBook in just a few minutes. Give it a go! The SmileBooks Assistant helps you create your photo book with just a few clicks. Select your images and then just hit the "Create a SmileBook" button.
* By simply clicking and dragging an image folder into the photo album window, the SmileBooks software automatically arranges chosen photos by date to produce a sample photo book. It can be used as is, or changed in any way to create the perfect photo book, something a pro would be proud of.
* Personalize backgrounds from our collection or, if you prefer, use any one of your own photos as a background on one page or as a customized two page spread. Choose a special photo for the cover, too.
* Add text anywhere. Write poems, insert titles, quotes or other text on any page even personalize the binding- the possibilities are endless!
* With the click of the mouse, users can easily correct red eye, change the color of any picture (sepia, black & white, etc.), resize, create 3-D style images, crop and/or enhance any digital photo.