Important News for Professional Photographers:
PDN On the Road just wrapped in San Francisco, and now we're gearing up for New York City during Spring Photo Week, May 19-20!
Professional photographers who attended our San Francisco seminar were in agreement--the information and networking opportunities were worth it. As one attendee stated, "Having access to the speakers, being able to ask so many questions and the portfolio review opportunities were absolutely fantastic--Do more of this." So, our New York City seminar will include some exciting programming tweaks that will certainly make this an event no professional photographer will want to miss!
The focus of the seminar is twofold:
- To offer valuable strategies and advice to jumpstart or increase your business.
- To provide networking opportunities with marketplace professionals you'll want to meet
The industry leaders in the best position to do these things are PDN and the Santa Fe Workshops. In addition to a wide selection of seminar content, PDN On the Road will feature a unique networking opportunity with a select group of photography reps, art buyers, photo editors and stock distributors during a special reception on Saturday. Make sure to revisit and refresh the PDN On the Road Web site to learn about schedule updates such as:
- To best suit your schedule and work commitments, our pricing options now allow for single day attendance in addition to the full two days of programming.
- Our customized education tracks have been switched from Saturday to Sunday to ensure that photographers already booked with Saturday jobs do not have to miss this valuable seminar component.
- A Saturday evening reception/portfolio sharing will give you a chance to network with speakers and specially invited photo professionals, who can provide you with insight on their jobs and feedback on your work. Confirmed attendees to date include head art buyers from McCann Erickson, Saatchi & Saatchi, Kirshenbaum & Partners, Droga5 and more.
The lineup of impressive guest speakers scheduled for New York City will include leading photographers and industry professionals from the commercial, editorial, wedding, and transitions/PDN's 30 market segments. Instead of getting only one point of view, you're learning from multiple sources who are the best in the industry.
New York City Speakers - May 19 and 20
- Ryan Joseph, photographer
- Michele Walker, photographer
- Chris Buck, photographer
- Francis Hills, photographer
- Doug Menuez, photographer
- Debra Weiss, creative consultant
- Mackenzie Stroh, photographer
- Eric Ogden, photographer
- Jeanine Fijol, PDN photo editor
Technology General Session
- Jerry Courvoisier, Digital Programs Director, Santa Fe Workshops
Seminar topics address vital building blocks needed to strengthen your business.
- The state of the industry
- Hardware and software advances
- Ways to increase your profits
- Portfolio development
- Sparking your creativity
- Your future in stock photography
- Marketing your talent
- Digital workflow
- Asset management
- Printmaking trends
...and much more.
Valuable door prizes are awarded throughout this two-day event! Prizes include free tuition to the Santa Fe Workshops, HP printers, Adobe software, a PDN Photoserve portfolio, portfolio reviews with guest speakers and more!
New technology demonstrations, inspirational image presentations, informative handouts, networking, daily luncheons and a special portfolio sharing reception on Saturday round out this interactive, community-wide event.
A premier list of manufacturers have come together to support this event because they value the contributions of photographers and are dedicated to supporting their needs: