Cygnus Business Media is a diversified B2B publisher with more than 50 web sites delivering business news to audiences in 16 industries. Our Interactive Division is expanding and we’re looking to hire professionals who thrive in a lean, fast-paced, high-responsibility environment.
For Editor, we are seeking an experienced journalist who has covered photography, imaging or a related industry, especially for online media. This is a new position and an opportunity to help grow an organization and online editorial products. The job is located in Calverton, Md., a suburb of Washington, D.C.
- Write and edit daily, breaking-news copy and longer-range editorial projects
- Supervise assistant editors and work collaboratively with programmers, producers and designers
- Manage freelance contributors
- Develop Webcasts, online tools, directories and other information services
- Set the overall editorial strategy and direction of web sites
- Minimum three years of business-news writing and editing experience; coverage of transportation and construction markets a significant plus
- Experience managing and producing news web sites not required but a significant plus
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and complete benefits. Cygnus is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit a resume and cover letter (including salary history) to email@example.com.