Join us as we celebrate 20 years of Barnstorm: The Eddie Adams Workshop.
Applications for the 2007 Eddie Adams Workshop are now being accepted!
All applications must be submitted by May 14, 2007.
As always, Barnstorm is tuition-free, and sponsored by Nikon, Inc.
Successful applicants will be notified in July, 2007.
Barnstorm will be held October 5-8, 2007, in Jeffersonville, NY.
For more information, see below, or visit: http://www.eddieadamsworkshop.com
Help us get the word out!
If you work in a newsroom, college or anywhere else potential applicants might pass by- help us out, print out a poster and hang it up!
Get the poster here:
The Workshop accepts college students, professionals with 3 years or less experience, and U.S. military photographers. Applicants are required to submit a completed application, an application fee, a personal statement, a recommendation, and a portfolio of no more than 20 images (see details below). Prior Workshop students are not eligible to apply again. 50 students and 50 professionals (including military) will be selected for Barnstorm.
Eligible Applicants are:
- "Students" are currently enrolled college students, both
undergraduate and graduate (as long as the 3 year professional
restriction has not been exceeded)
- "Professionals" are photographers with 3 years or less experience working as a photographer for which payment was received, includingpaid internships
- Military photographers or journalists, who have graduated from the university-level military photojournalism training program within the previous 3 years; or who have not graduated from the MPJ program, but have less than 10 years total experience as a photographer in their branch of service, are eligible to apply to the Eddie Adams Workshop.
Cost to Students
The Workshop is tuition-free. Students are responsible for
transportation to and from Jeffersonville, NY, and a flat fee for
room and board.
Applications will be accepted online beginning March 1, 2007, and ending May 14, 2007. During this time, you will be able to create an online application account, and will be able to save and make changes to your online application until the deadline. Once you have hit the final "Submit" button, you will not be able to make any changes.
Digital Application Information:
As of March 1, 2007, the online application process is open and ready! All applications will be online. You will need to provide/complete:
- Will include basic contact information, school/employment information, recommending professor/employer contact information
20 images (or less):
- Each image in a photo story counts as a separate image- a story is NOT one image.
- Do NOT include text embedded on the images- you will have the chance to type in captions for each image in a separate field.
- Do not include text slides within the portfolio to separate sections.
A Personal Statement
You will write no more than 500 words about your experience in photography (work and educational), and why you want to attend The Eddie Adams Workshop XX. Please include how you learned about the Workshop. This can be uploaded as a pdf.
A Recommendation Letter
To be emailed separately from a recommending professor/employer. This should be someone who knows your work and knows you in a professional setting. Letters will be read by a panel, and can be addressed to "Eddie Adams Workshop". They will need to be emailed to email@example.com, with applicants name in subject line, no later than the deadline.
$25 Application fee, payable via PayPal.
All applications must be uploaded by May 14, 2007.
Applications and photographs will be judged by a committee of Workshop Directors. A total of 100 applicants (50 students and 50 professionals) will be invited to participate in The Eddie Adams Workshop.