The Center for Fine Art Photography invites photographers working in all mediums, styles and schools of thought to participate in its latest exhibition with a deadline of May 1, 2007. Contemporary, traditional, avant garde, creative and experimental works that include old and new processes, mixed techniques and challenging personal, emotional or political statements are welcome.
Theme: Black and White, a taste of the past, reflections of the present
The goal of this theme is to visually present all subjects in the form of the early photographers: black and white. The images can be derived from color images or initially created as black and white images. Image content is open to any theme.
The exhibition is open to all professional and amateur, domestic and international photographers working with digital or traditional photography or combinations of both.
The juror for the event will be Alice Miller, editor of "Studio Photography: The Business Behind the Image" and editorial director of Cygnus Business Media's Imaging Group. Since joining Cygnus seven years ago, she has twice won the company’s editorial excellence awards and twice served as a judge for the Black & White Spider Awards. Alice was guest speaker at last year’s Defense Information School Photography Workshop for military photojournalists.
All exhibitions provide opportunities for artists to present their work to an international audience of collectors, curators, art consultants and others who appreciate the fine art of photography.
• Juror’s Selection award: $400 + Feature Recognition in the Studio Photography magazine and the Center’s Artists’ ShowCase publication, the feature section in CameraArts magazine
• Director's Selection award: $200 + Special Recognition in Artists' ShowCase
• Two Artists’ ShowCase Online 1-year subscriptions – the Center’s new online image marketing website (preview at www.artists-showcase.org)
• Five or more additional images will be selected for inclusion in, Artists’ ShowCase
• All exhibitor’s works are included in the Center's online gallery
• All exhibited work is included in the Center's 2007 Exhibition Collection CD which is distributed to selected galleries, collectors, design houses and corporations world wide
Prospectus and online submission details at www.c4fap.org