White Plains, NY, September 15, 2006-The Advertising Photographers of America (APA) has kicked off its 2006 National Photo Competition this year with a bang, offering photographers a great way to showcase their work and win national recognition from leaders in the photographic and advertising industry. APA welcomes submissions via online entry at http://www.apanational.com
With a newly extended deadline of Sept. 21 at MIDNIGHT, there's no time to waste! Winners will receive fabulous prizes such as an ultimate digital darkroom with Mac Pro and Cinema display, liveBooks Folio 5.0 packages, Canon EOS 30D Digital SLR 8.2 Megapixel Camera, Fuji FinePix F30 Cameras, Adobe Photoshop CS2, Blinkbid estimating and invoicing software, one year membership to Digital Railroad, AsukaBooks of winning images and a showcase of competition winners in the APA online Winners Gallery. Additionally, winners' images will be showcased at the APA's booth at Photo Plus Expo in November.
"We want to recognize the best photographic talent in the industry through our annual competition," says Constance Evans, APA National Executive Director. "With the prestigious group of judges and wonderfully generous sponsors, we hope to honor the top photographers and students in the country through the 2006 APA National Photo Competition, Show Off!"
The goal of this competition is to encourage and recognize outstanding work that reflects personal vision as well as technical excellence; to increase market opportunities through vigorous post-competition promotion, and to educate and inspire. In keeping with the APA brand, the competition will encourage and emphasize work that demonstrates forethought and planning, is message driven, (away from generic stock-type images) and without a doubt exemplifies technical excellence.
All entries must have been created between August 1, 2004 and August 16, 2006. The nine competition categories are: 1) Advertising 2) Fashion 3) Portrait 4) Still-Life/Products 5) Corporate/Industrial 6) Scenic/Architectural 7) Editorial 8) Personal/Fine Art and 9) Student. Single image entries and series of three images may be entered. The single image entry fee for APA members is $25 per image/$35 for non-members; the series entry fee for APA members is $50 per series/$75 for non-members. The fee for Student APA members is $15 per image or series/$25 for non-members. There is no limit to the number of photographs you may enter.
Judges are broken down for each of the nine categories:
* ADVERTISING: Patricia Hom, AB, Publicis & Hal Riney, San Francisco; RJ Muna, Photographer, San Francisco; Paul Jones, Creative Director, Grey WW, New York.
* FASHION: Paul Aresu, Photographer, New York; Jen Miller, Jane Magazine.
* PORTRAIT: James White, Photographer, Los Angeles; Leslie Burns-Dell'Acqua, Creative Consultant, San Diego.
* STILL-LIFE/PRODUCTS: Liz Miller, Sr. Art Buyer, Energy BBDO, Chicago; Gregg Lhotsky, Artist Representative, Bernstein and Andruilli, New York.
* CORPORATE/INDUSTRIAL: Michael Weymouth; Neal Ashby, Designer, Alexandria, VA. SCENIC/ARCHITECTURAL: Ian Summers, Consultant, PA.
* EDITORIAL: George Pitts, Photo Editor, Life Magazine, New York; Kerry Faulkner, Manager of Advertising Photography, Discovery Channel, DC.
* PERSONAL/ FINE ART: Janet Borden, Gallerist, Janet Borden Gallery, New York.
* STUDENT: Michelle Borge, Chair of Photography, Parsons School of Design; Bobbi Lane, Photographer, Educator.