3. Minimize Digital, Electronic Devices. In harsh jungles and deserts, never bring a computer. Download images at home.
4. Don't Overanalyze. Too much research limits creativity.
5. Arrange for Local Guides to escort you and introduce you to locals you need to see and photograph.
6. Trust Non-Verbal Communication. Rely on gesture, respect, body language.
7. Bring a Journal. Plan to keep a record of sights, sounds, feelings for future use. Sketch out images, pre-visualizing what you want to capture in camera.