Most people are constantly on the hunt for a quick fix, an easy way out, or a short cut to close more sales. Here are five suggestions that will help you boost your sales instantly.
1. Talk to every person that enters your business. Avoid making assumptions and judgements. Consider every person who enters your store as a prospective buyer regardless of what they look like or how they're dressed.
2. Give every prospect 100% of your attention. Don't think about what you will do with the commission when you close the sale, or the tasks that await you, or about what you are planning to do after work. Do yourself and your customer a favour and devote your attention to the person in front of you.
3. Ask every person for the sale. You don't get if you don't ask. The more you ask, the more you get. You can qualify and present the product perfectly; if you don't learn to ask for the sale you're going to go broke. *Adapted from "No Bull Selling" written by Hank Trisler.
4. Every time you ask a customer for the sale, remain silent until they respond regardless of how long it takes. Although the 20-30 seconds you may have to wait might feel like an eternity, it gives the customer time to process information without being interrupted. Don't talk yourself out of a sale.
5. Ask every customer who buys from you for a referral. You can say something like, "If you've been happy with the service that I've provided and know someone who could benefit have them give me a call." Then hand them a business card.
If you implement these 5 simple suggestions consistently during every sales transaction I guarantee you will increase your sales. Does it sound too easy? Perhaps. But one thing I've learned over the last few years is that we often neglect the basics.
We usually forget one or more of these steps with each customer we deal with. The key to these sales strategies is the word "every". It takes discipline to execute these steps 100% of the time. Follow these suggestions every day, with every customer and you will boost your sales! Instantly! I guarantee it!
Kelley Robertson, President of the Robertson Training Group, works with businesses to help them increase their sales and motivate their employees. He is also the author of "Stop, Ask & Listen - Proven sales techniques to turn browsers into buyers." Visit his website at www.RobertsonTrainingGroup.com and receive a FREE copy of "100 Ways to Increase Your Sales" by subscribing to his 59-Second Tip, a free weekly e-zine.