* MEGA O.I.S.: Gyrosensors detect hand-shake and the lens system shifts to compensate, helping to prevent hand-shake from creating a blurry image.
* Intelligent ISO: Determines if the photo subject is moving and changes the ISO setting and shutter speed accordingly, thus giving a blur-free photo.
* Intelligent Scene Selector: Senses the ambient conditions, recognizes the shooting environment and will automatically select the appropriate scene mode from: Scenery, Portrait, Macro, Night Portrait or Night Scenery mode. This intuitive technology helps the consumer use the most common scene modes that are built into the camera, but often go unused, without making any manual adjustments.
* Face Detection: Detects faces in the frame (up to 15 faces), even if they are moving, and selects optimal focus and exposure settings so portraits come out clear.
* Quick AF (Auto Focus): Starts focus on the subject by just pointing the camera at the subject, thus minimizing the AF time.
The LUMIX FX37, which includes 50 MB** of internal memory, also features High Definition (HD) video recording capabilities, shooting with a resolution of 1280 x 720p at 30fps. Still photos can also be shot in a 16:9 aspect ratio for optimal viewing on an HDTV. Panasonic VIERA Plasma and LCD HDTVs also feature an integrated SD Memory Card slot, allowing users to easily view photos by simply inserting the SD Memory Card into the convenient SD Card slot built into the TV. Consumers can also enjoy watching videos in HD quality and view still images by connecting the DMC-FX37 via an optional Panasonic component cable (DMW-HDC2).
The new Venus Engine IV supports a faster response time, allowing the LUMIX FX37 to shoot 2.5 shots per second at full resolution and six shots per second in High-Speed Burst mode. The shutter release time lag is as short as 0.005 second, making it easier to capture spur-of-the-moment photo opportunities. The high-performance engine enables the camera to shoot up to 310 photos on a single battery charge.
Additional features of the Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FX37 include:
* Image Leveling: When a captured image "leans" to the right or left because the camera was held at a slight angle when the photo was taken, the Image Leveling function rotates the image to straighten it and crops the unnecessary edges. No computer needed.
* Scene Modes: The DMC-FX37 offers 25 scene modes to address the unique needs of a variety of shooting situations. The new Pin Hole and Film Grain modes add unique, film camera-like effects and ambiences. Additionally, the Transform mode trims and stretches the image to virtually transform the subject to appear slimmer or stretched wider.
The Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FX37 will be available in silver, black, blue, pink, white and brown in September 2008 for a suggested retail price of $349.95.
* Face must initially be facing forward to be detected. ** 1MB=1 million bytes. Usable capacity will be less.
Based in Secaucus, N.J., Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company is a Division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, the principal North American subsidiary of Matsushita Electric Industrial Co. Ltd. and the hub of Panasonic's U.S. marketing, sales, service and R&D operations.